90. Its a large number. Its almost 100. In terms of days of the year, that’s a quarter of it. And that’s about how long I’ve been mentally checked out around this blog. I apologize. But on the plus side, in the last 90 days I’ve completely changed my life.
In 90 days I’ve:
- managed to learn to cook meat (yes I had never cooked raw meat in my apartment before).
- worked out an average of about 5 days a week (usually 6 but there were some weeks when it was less).
- learned so many things about nutrition and fitness (ex: doing cardio after strength training, or what a recovery window is)
- learned so many things about myself, what I’m capable of, what my body needs, what I need to be happy.
- stopped feeding my body absolute crap.
- cut down the drinking. (not that I was really a drinker before, but now I’m a bit more selective)
- stopped emotional eating. (had a bad day? why not reward yourself for surviving with a cheeseburger? wrong! so wrong!!! you’re not a bitch, don’t reward yourself with food like you do a dog!)
- learned I love things like protein bars, shakes, powder and they’re actually good for you too if chosen wisely, and not just for bodybuilders.
- learned how to prioritize things in my life beginning with the basics, like health and mental clarity.
- inspired multiple friends, family, and coworkers and motivated a few of them to spring into action in their own lives and get healthier
- started to reverse my aging process, or so I’d like to think i look younger now that i’m healthier.
The best thing about the past 90 days is that I began to finally become who I’ve been working on being for a L O N G time. I see her. When I look in the mirror I catch a glimpse of the person I want to be in my eyes. She’s there, she’s ready and waiting patiently for me to meet my goals. But for the first time in almost 6 years I see her again, when I thought I’d never see her again. It feels good. It feels DAMN good to be coming into my own finally. I’ve always been a late bloomer in pretty much every aspect except my boobs.
And the icing to my delicious [healthy] cake? At this point I’ve lost 24 pounds (probably more by the time you’re all reading this). I’ve lost 5 inches on my waist alone and 4 on the worst part of my ‘pansa’ (gut). I’ve dropped an entire CATEGORY on the BMI chart. I’ve lost several Body Fat percentage points. I’m wearing clothes I haven’t worn in over 3 years. I’m finally feeling like myself again and it feels good. I’ve got another 6 months of really hard work ahead of me until I reach my goal but being a 3rd way in and on track feels great and I had to share what I’ve been up to lately.
Honestly I don’t feel THAT bad for neglecting my artistic side the past 3 months because I’ve been working on my healthy side and getting things back in order so that I can be fully dedicated to doing what I love to do without getting winded, or being lazy.
But I’m back.
I wanted to say hi,
and that I’ve missed you all.
If you want to know how I’m doing all of this, you can find me on myfitnesspal.com or follow me on twitter.
4 thoughts on “a lot can change in 90 days”
Been meaning to leave a comment here to tell you again how incredibly proud of you I am. You’re definitely inspired me!
<3 this is all your fault woman lol if you hadnt have posted about ripped in 30 last summer i would have never met jillian!
I’ve enjoyed seeing your progress!! Way to go!
You must log in to post a comment.