The summertime always reminds me of the summer I spent driving to Hantucky (Hanford, Ca) and back for hangouts/UFC nights with my “Sees” Krystal and her cousin and his Navy friends. I learned many lessons like:
- Don’t drink with the Navy.
- If you are stupid enough to engage them in drinking games, make sure you win.
- Don’t try to wrestle them, they will always win.
- Jager Bombs are only meant to be consumed between rounds of UFC fights.
- Don’t go to bars that serve alcoholic beverages in mason jars… with Navy peeps.
It was a fun summer, there were a lot of weekend mornings where I drove back to Elk Grove seriously hungover, windows down, music blaring just so I could survive the 3 hour drive home. Sadly, the summer took a turn for the worst when Krystal’s cousin Martin passed away in a tragic accident that late September. This picture is from the drive back from the funeral in Soledad.
Rest in peace Martin, MDK til we die.
2 thoughts on “Flashback Friday: lessons from drinking with the Navy”
Oh wife, I love you.
lol i love you too.
You must log in to post a comment.